By Erik Martiny
- Covers a wide range of poetic cultural traditions from Britain, eire, North the United States, Japan and the Caribbea
- Summarises many genres from their earliest origins to their newest renderings
- The in simple terms full-length severe assortment to accommodate glossy diversifications of poetic genres
- Contributors contain Bernard O’Donoghue, Stephen Burt, Jahan Ramazani, and lots of different outstanding students of poetry and poetics
Read or Download A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) PDF
Similar literary criticism & theory books
Juxtaposing existence writing and romance, this examine deals the 1st book-length exploration of the dynamic and complicated dating among the 2 genres. In so doing, it operates on the intersection of numerous contemporary developments: curiosity in women's contributions to autobiography; larger expertise of the variety and suppleness of auto/biographical kinds within the early glossy interval; and using manuscripts and different fabric proof to track literacy practices.
Bachelor Thesis from the yr 2012 within the topic English Language and Literature reviews - Literature, grade: 1,0, collage of Dusseldorf "Heinrich Heine" (Philosophische Fakultät), language: English, summary: the subject of this paper is to check the detective novel urban of Glass, released via Paul Auster in 1985, from a psychoanalytical perspective.
A complete therapy of the numerous symbols and associations of Roman faith, this significant other locations some of the non secular symbols, discourses, and practices, together with Judaism and Christianity, right into a greater framework to bare the sprawling panorama of the Roman faith. An leading edge creation to Roman faith methods the sector with a spotlight at the human-figures rather than the gods Analyzes non secular adjustments from the 8th century BC to the fourth century advert bargains the 1st historical past of non secular motifs on cash and household/everyday utensils provides Roman faith inside of its cultural, social, and old contexts
Suburgatory lampoons the absurdities and contradictions that Linda Keenan has witnessed given that leaving manhattan urban, the place she was once a completely city CNN information manufacturer for seven years, and settling down as a hapless stay-at-home suburban mom. the unique inspiration for this publication was once picked up by way of Warner Brothers, and you may see their imagining of Suburgatory at the ABC express of an analogous identify.
- Essays on Charles Dickens, Henry James, and George Eliot
- Endö Shüsaku: A Literature of Reconciliation (Nissan Institute/Routledge Japanese Studies)
- The Ends of Satire: Legacies of Satire in Postwar German Writing (Paradigms)
- Wising Up the Marks: The Amodern William Burroughs
- Out of Touch: Skin Tropes and Identities in Woolf, Ellison, Pynchon, and Acker (Literary Criticism and Cultural Theory)
- The Other Book: Bewilderments of Fiction (Stages)
Extra info for A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture)
A Companion to Poetic Genre (Blackwell Companions to Literature and Culture) by Erik Martiny